Monday, January 2, 2012

A wild woman riding the waves

It occurs to me as I get buffeted by the storm winds of life, that all this is really research for my writing. I have learned not to panic, not to freak out, not to go running for help when it all gets a little choppy.

My books are grounded in my soul, my being, my experience, my knowing. And whilst I research deeply around the edges to bring the experiences of other women, and other writers, scientists and ancient wisdom in too, they are grounded in my own journey.

I notice that when I am creating, when I am gestating a new work, the storm winds rise. I get to live out what I am writing about. My life becomes the crucible of alchemical research.

Life: You're writing about the crazy woman/ retreat/ moon cycles/ being a creative mama? Well don't just do it from your head, HERE, THIS is the crazy woman! This is creative mama! Don't preach, don't be blase, don't rationalise or smooth her complexities. Live it and then write it from the trenches. There is your wisdom, that is your job. Mine the experience, bring back the gold, the insight, the jewel of madness, that is your gift.

And so, dearest reader, be it on this blog, or in my books which are emerging and unfolding, this is my sacred promise to you - there is no nicey-nicey, no expert, just a wild woman riding the waves, and taking notes as she goes, to help you to ride your own.

I think it might be easier to work in a shop, or be a bus conductor.

But instead, this is my calling, this is my soul work that brings me riches on every level.

And I love it with all my heart.

13 comments:

  1. This so speaks to me today as I'm riding the crazy woman waves. I feel like I want to run screaming from everything I've built and worked hard for and love, like staying put (emotionally) is eating me alive. The wild anger and resistance are in full force with nothing to buffer or soothe them. But, like you, I've learned that these periods of intense craziness are good for my work - I'm learning things I can share with the world to help others avoid the same traps I've fallen into (and help myself, too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lucy! and love this metaphor:

    ....just a wild woman riding the waves, and taking notes as she goes, to help you to ride your own....

    I can see you flying high on those waves :).

    I've noticed the urge in me to say 'hey, you need a break-aren't you hungry?' as I create my new program. I'm so glad to have the awareness of this or I'd never get anything done!

    Have a marvelous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post - I think what I like the most is taking the idea of stormy times and instead of letting stormy times silence you, using the stormy times to make you voice more powerful, more profound and more awesome.

    Wild times need Wild Women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lucy I can totally relate to this. I find that some of my best writing comes out of whatever I am going through or stumble upon with my family. These are the best examples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ride those waves!!! Look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you recognize being able to
    write from your experience of being....seems as though the writing
    is way more authentic. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can really relate to this is well. I have phases of being scared, terrified really of what I am creating and what I am doing, but then I realize that it's a good thing. That it helps me avoid stagnation.

    Whoo hoo, let's ride those freakin' waves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for there being no "nicey-nicey"! Authenticity rules!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...