Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Wishing Day

Today has been a sunny wishing day. Timmy has been home from school for the past two days, awaiting spots, which never arrived! I have enjoyed our couple of home-schooling days. Since we can't formally flexi-school, then we are freestyling it. We take a day out of school, now and then "for family reasons" and have a special day of craft and educational outings. A day for the soul and creative spirit which doesn't get much nurturing at school.

So we made wishing eggs, inspired by my dear friend Laura at Nestled Under Rainbows. The eggs came from our happy-ish free range hens who live under the trampoline. we wrote wishes on paper, put them into the empty shells and wrapped them in bright tissue paper and raffia ribbon. Wishes included... "I wish I was a digger driver", "I wish for a pants super hero birthday party at my house" and "I wish it was Christmas"!!!

They are now adorning our seasons table and will be taken out and hidden in the woods at Easter time where the fairies will find them and grant our wishes. We are waiting for the arrival of our very own fairy: the cherry blossom fairy, who will grace our nature table any day now. The buds are swelling in the garden outside and we're counting down the days till our first o-hanami (Japanese cherry blossom picnic) under the cherry trees in our very own garden in the Pink House. But for now we are enjoying the bright yellow daffodils, and blue wood anemones and grape hyacinths we planted last September.


Then we headed out for a morning walk in the spring sunshine where we commited our random act of beauty  - a sunshine of celandines which both older kiddies helped to make.

We threw coins in the wishing well in the shell house at Ballymaloe Cookery School gardens with yet more wishes (and then took our coins back!)


Followed by cake, and a cider in the sun with friends...

Happy days! 

But then I realised. With all that wishing, I didn't make a wish at all! So now it's time for mine...
I wish for many more magical days like today.
I wish for us to keep finding the balance between getting the benefits from that school can offer and being able to provide a holistic, creative, loving, eye opening childhood and education for our dear kiddies.
I wish for many days of sun and warm togetherness with friends and family over the summer.
I wish for my writing to keep taking off in the direction which flows, and that from it I can help to support our family more and more, through its richness- of ideas and income.
And I wish you good wishes too, may you have sunshine in your life, friends at your side, cider in the sun, words of love on your lips, flowers to smell and wishes galore!

2 comments:

  1. cool wishes, I hope they come true for you x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wishing egg idea and will definately be having a go at making those come the spring. It has been a blustery autumnal day here today, I am looking forward to cooler days and darker nights here in Australia - happy spring to you, the flowers and the cider sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...