Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy days

Another sunshine day...
Children playing in a room full of patchwork quilts...
There is a gorgeous exhibition at the Grain Store where our playgroup is.
Washing on the line...
Spring flowers nodding in the sun...
A walk in the Cookery School gardens...
A picnic on the lawns...
Random acts of beauty whilst waiting at the school gates...
And another on the way home...
A dandelion sun...
(We made it on a big patch of living dandelions on the communal grass area in our housing estate)

Home again...
Watercolour painting in the sunshine...
A pot of chilli bubbling on the hob
Luscious lemon squares baking in the oven...
And eaten in a flash - more yellow to fill our souls.


And for the sake of balance...
We were up VERY early, the kids are waking when it gets light...and the baby had woken multiple, multiple times in the night.
I yelled at my daughter cos she wouldn't keep her shoes on, and so she whinged walking bare foot over the stones to playgroup, where she clung to my skirt driving me mad. And she slammed the baby onto the ground and lay on top of her whilst she screamed. The baby whinged the whole time I was hanging the washing. And I'm going to have to cook something else for number two's supper cos she won't eat chilli. And the kids spend their whole time calling each other "stupid, stinky idiot", and they're now watching TV... So it's not perfect, we're not perfect. This is cherry picking the good, the wonderful good of which our life is full, though there are plenty of stinky bits thrown in to chomp on. But let's celebrate - all is well in my world!

4 comments:

  1. I can almost taste that delicious lemon cake.... mmm.... sounds scummy ;-) i need more cake in my life right now!!!
    * mf *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Love your balance! family life is like that but the sugar coating helps us get through. It is good to look at the overall of your day and cherish those sweet moments. Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a splendid day, and I deeply appreciate your balance! I'm glad I'm not the only mama whose lovely days are rife with pockets of not-so-lovely. It is nice to stop and appreciate the lovely rather than dwelling on the other, however!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...