Monday, October 17, 2011

Happy days: celebrating autumn

I LOVE autumn - the changing colours, the bright berries, the bite in the air, the mellow afternoon light. Walking the country lanes and popping blackberries into our mouths. Another day, another warning, (for our first blackberry warnings see here!) This time, rats! Back off people and just let us ENJOY them!!


I also love celebrating. But we have no official mid-autumn celebration - harvest festival is past and halloween still a couple of weeks off...





So this is my own celebration of autumn, just because I can! We have an autumn wreath on our door, made of twined wild clematis (old man's beard), with fallen coloured leaves, hawthorn berries and crab apples attached with wire. 



Our nature table  (want to  make one of your own, see here!) is overflowing with finds, including a new little mama-crafted baby acorn boy in his own oak leaf snuggle bag. Do check out this season's Rhythm of the Home for craft and celebration ideas aplenty.


And walks, as many walks as we can, with gladness in our hearts. Happy days!



(with thanks to my dearest husband, Mr Dreaming Aloud himself, for his wonderful photography skills  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)



8 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy I LOVE your new profile picutre, so stunning :-) This is a lovely post, I'm loving autumn this year too. We need to plan something soon...I know I keep saying it but we really must. Kids are looking great, can't believe how much Ash has grown!! much love to you all, as always x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics, and the top you are wearing in your profile picture is a beautiful colour on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new profile pic, lookin' gorgeous mama! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to celebrate autumn; I love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all. Pleased with the new profile pic - the other was over a year old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful 'effort as offering' here, and the results are delicious to look at! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous wreath and I love your autumn celebration! We just did ours yesterday - a trip out of the city for a day at a farm, wine tasting, and apple picking. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love autumn and the walks are definitely better this time of year with all the amazing colours and wonderful things nature has to offer us.
    Your baby acorn boy is just the cutest thing I have seen in ages! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...