Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Reaching for the Moon launched today! Grab your FREE e-copy!

Ooooooooooooooohhhh mama what a day! 

I have (as those of you who are on FB/ Twitter or signed up to my mailing list) been launching of my third book – Reaching for the Moon, the girl's version of my much-loved first book, Moon Time. (Be sure to read to the bottom of this post to find out how you can get your FREE e-copy!)

WOWSER the response has been tremendous! The steam is fizzing off my computer! And my brain! I'm feeling short of breath and my heart is racing - in a good way! Within an hour it had been requested for review for a US parenting magazine!

It's so funny how different it is to the launch of Moon Time. My very first book launch. A bit like the first time one has sex (yes, it does all have to come back to sex on here, that's how we roll at Dreaming Aloud!) - messy, feeling very exposed and not very coordinated.

What amazes me is how much social networking has changed since the last launch, just how BIG Facebook is... and how much more connected I am to so many beautiful, connected women (how much I have changed), and how much of an appetite there is out there for my work. It is truly humbling. And exciting. 

There are three responses I am getting 
1) "Oh wow, I've been waiting for a book like this..."
2) "I've been waiting for YOU to write this book - at LAST, I've been asking for at least a year!"
3) "Another book? Seriously... Which one is this again?"

This is Reaching for the Moon - a girl's guide to her female cycles.Written especially for girls aged 9-14 as they anticipate and experience their body's gradual changes. This has been requested time and again by mothers, godmothers and aunts who wanted a gentle, loving, soulful introduction to women’s cycles for the special girls in their lives. 


ISBN: 1482363038
80 page paperback or Kindle.

Beginning with an imaginary journey into the red tent, a traditional place of women's wisdom, some of the gifts and secrets of womanhood are imparted in a gentle, lyrical way including:

* The secrets of the moon.
* The secrets of our cycles.
* The gift of self-care.

 Along with practical advice on:

* Preparing for her first period.
* Choosing menstrual products.
* Herbal healing.
* Celebrating menarche.

Reaching for the Moon is a nurturing celebration of a girl’s transformation to womanhood.

It is available as a signed copy + bookmark + FREE greetings card of one of my paintings (usually €2.50) from The Happy Womb. £6.99 + P&P
(Orders will be dispatched from 11th June. Offer available until 23rd June.)

It is also available from Amazon as a paperback or ebook.


***TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!***

From today until Sunday (midnight PST) you can download your
FREE Kindle version, so you can sample it before purchasing for the special girls in your life. (Please note you do NOT need a Kindle to read it. Kindle books can be read on tablets, android phones and computers).

Free Kindle copy - UK customers only.
Free Kindle copyrest of world.

Please do share it far and wide, on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and by email - let's get copies into as many mama's hands as possible.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Lucy Pearce! I have been lurking on your blog for a while and never posted a comment...I just want to say congratulations! I don't have a daughter but am hoping to one day and I shall be getting this treasure for her when the time comes and will get this for my adorable nieces who are soon approaching the time. (I'm going to download the Kindle version now as well) . Just want to say that you'be been an inspiration to me...your creativity, energy, enthusiasm and sheer fruitfulness..... Enjoy everything that is still coming your way....and lots of blessings on all your workings and womanly weavings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you A, for your lovely comment (which made me glow) and your order! Just received shipment of the books so will package them up this evening and send them out.

    So good to hear from a silent reader - thank you for breaking the silence! Would be great to hear from others... Dare you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy, this book was wonderful. I read it this morning and then mentioned it to my 7 year old this afternoon. Truthfully, I didn't expect her to pay much interest. But I ended up having to prize my Kindle out of her hands! She'd have gone on reading and reading and reading. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful, loving wisdom. I have just written about it too on my blog, in the hope of spreading the word some more. This book should be essential reading for every every daughter. Every mother. Every woman. I cried happy tears as I connected with the magic and wonder of womanhood. And you have sparked in me a great excitement about guiding my daughter through her transition. Thank you for bringing this into the world. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely comment Vicky, and sharing it on your blog. Your words warmed my heart. Xx

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...